Ok! I will start on creating a page for dance gear to buy/sell. I really hope this does work out and that people actually use it :)
If you are trying to sell something (literally anything: shoes, wigs, socks, dresses, supplies, etc.) and you want to help me build things up, shoot me a message and we can discuss how we’d want to set this up!!
Also, if you’re looking for anything I think maybe I can create a section for people that are looking for things
It’ll be like Irish dance eHarmony <3
Should I make a page for people who are trying to sell dresses/shoes/other gear? I think it’d be convenient to have a little place for it somewhere in the ID community on tumblr
You will have good days.
You will have bad days.
You will have days where you want to throw out your shoes, and your dress, and your wig, and quit class and never have to deal with the desperation of not winning.
But on those days, find it in you to dance harder than ever before.
Dance not only for yourself, but for how you want others to feel when they see you dance.
Dance exists for you to feel things, and for you to show others how you feel things.
If you push, and you find that one place in your heart, you will succeed.
Because that’s how they got to the top, and that’s how you will too.
Improvement in your leaps comes through practice and strength exercises in your legs and core. You need strong legs to help push yourself up as well as a strong core to keep everything centered and good.
The following exercises will help to strengthen your legs and abdomen but you also need to do a lot of leaps.
- 50 Squats
- 50 Plié Squats
- 25 Pendulum Lunges on each foot
- 50 Jumping Jacks
- 1 minute Runner’s Lunge on each foot
- 25 Side Lunges on each foot
- 1 minute Wall Sit
- Box Jumps. Now I understand that you might not have a box to jump on. So an almost as good alternative is to put your feet together and jump up as high as you can and bring your knees up as high as possible.
- 50 Flutter kicks
- 25 Bicycle Crunches (right and left = 1… cheaters!)
- 50 Feet Punches (idk if that’s the name).. for this one, lay on your back with your legs together, perpendicular to the floor, with your feet flexed. Keeping your legs in the same position, lean up and touch your right hand to your left foot. Lay back down. Lean up again and touch your left hand to your right foot. Repeat 50 times.
- 50 Sit Ups
- 1 minute Plank
To help perfect your form, set up two chairs (make sure they’re sturdy!) and in between them, hoist yourself up with your arms and pretend you’re doing a leap over and hold the form. This helps a lot more with getting your form than just doing leaps over and over because you’re in the air long enough to consciously make your legs do what they’re supposed to.
Anonymous asked: can you post a work out or some tips for overs? thats just my main weakness right now. thanksssss
Of course! :) Give me like 10 minutes